Welcome to Wilma's jewellery blog!

I hope you enjoy your stay at this site and will return from time to time to see what else has been added. Any questions, or to order, please e-mail me at wseville7@gmail.com



Have a great day!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two new designs on this stormy day in March

I purchased some beautiful stones from a dealer and decided to make a wirework design for a change.   Good thing I bought them before the big storm hit here in Hamilton.  The wind is howling, I have a big pot of homemade navy beans cooking in the oven and my creative streak is going full force.  As I look outside, I see people battling against the wind, the snow covering their coats quickly and the snow plows in full force downtown.

I thought this lovely creamy yellow type of stone would bring on a spring-like feeling.  I decided to wrap it in heavy copper wire and it turned out very well. 

I put it on a chocker length black cord as some people prefer shorter lengths in jewellery.

Copper wire work -  chocker length cord
Chain maille done by hand and Swarovski Topaz gem
Chain maille and topaz  Swarovski gemstone


Not as clear but a really close up look


I also worked on a mixed media piece, crocheted out of cording and I will most likely add some beautiful stones to it but haven't decided yet about that.






No comments:

Post a Comment